Vaikundarajan on Stanislas Wawrinka’s Win at The French Open 2015

Stanislas Wawrinka French Open 2015
Vaikundarajan congratulates Stanislas Wawrinka on his win at the 2015 French Open. The Swiss eighth seed played magnificently in a 4-6 6-4 6-3 6-4 victory at Roland Garros.

Wawrinka, 30, brought an end to Djokovic's 28-match winning streak. This was his second Grand Slam title. Djokovic tried his best to become the eighth man to complete the set of all four major titles, says Vaikundarajan.

The 28-year-old had been a strong favourite to finally get his hands on the Coupe des Mousquetaires after beating nine-time champion Rafael Nadal and third seed Andy Murray, but he was outplayed by Wawrinka, says Vaikundarajan. "It was an incredible atmosphere on court and I felt emotion like I never have before," said Wawrinka.

He further added,” "I still have a problem to really realize that I won the French Open," Wawrinka told reporters. "It's always the same after winning a big title. You are a little bit lost in your mind." Speaking about his opponent Djokovic Wawrinka said,” "I know he's looking badly and desperately for this title," 

Wawrinka’s opponent Djokovic said "Certainly those two matches were very big in terms of physical demand and mental, emotional as well. Still, I was today feeling pretty fresh as much as I could. He further added, “Maybe in some important moments I didn't feel I had that explosivity in the legs, but at the end of the day he was just a better player."

No comments:

Post a Comment